Last week, while in Miami for business, I ate a stuffed mushroom at a restaurant for my lunch. It had mushrooms, spinach, garlic and onion. It was soooo good.
I made two batches. One with Parmesan and mozzarella and one with no cheese for me. Other than the cheese, the recipes are identical.
Even without the cheese, they were fantastic. I look forward to having the ones with cheese next week!
Here is the recipe:
16oz of fresh whole mushrooms
1 good onion slice
1 bag of spinach
4 cloves of garlic
2 oz. of mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 350
- Carefully pull/twist/cut the mushrooms stems out of the mushroom leaving the button in tact.
- Finely chop the mushroom stems
- Finely chop a good slice of onion
- Heat olive oil on med high
- Use garlic press and press in garlic
- Add chopped mushrooms and onions
- Season to taste
- Saute a few minutes and then add the bag of spinach. Cover.
- When spinach has fully wilted remove from heat and pour pan contents into mixing bowl.
- Add Parmesan (if you are eating cheese) to your content and stir
- Place contents on chopping block and finely chop the entire mixure.
- Carefully spoon into each mushroom cap
- Place in over for about 15 minutes (check occassionally)
- Top with mozzarella to your content (again, if you are eating cheese)
- Cook for another 7-10 minutes until cheese has started to turn gold and/or get a wee bit crusty